Monday, June 28, 2010

First Swim

I finally got into the water today for my first swim of the season.  This has to be a record for the latest first swim.  The water is nice and warm but there is a lot of algae at the shore.  I could not find any sand.  The gardens are doing well except the rocket (arugula) has been attacked by something which is a shame because it was very tasty last weekend.  The other greens are fine.  The flowers are looking good.  Dad/GPJim cleaned out a space on the beach under the willow tree where we should be able to keep the boats and not have to bring them up the bank.  I made strawberry jam and finished my book.  Yesterday we had a pleasant afternoon/evening at the Madhu's with his RIT group of  "Swami and Friends."  We have been taking Mondays off and enjoying long weekends at the lake.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds Lovely! I can't wait to come visit NY in August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah-what are your dates in August. Looks like Jim and I will be there 8/14-8/24. Garden looks great Sherrill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes, Kamala. We will be leaving Seattle on a red-eye on the 24th and staying through the following week-end. I have to work the 23rd and 24th, so we can't come any earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad! We could possibly stay longer. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete