Sunday, August 1, 2010

Mirror Lake Hike




We had an eventful hike up to Mirror Lake yesturday. The bogs above the lake were full of frogs and tadpoles, and the mosquitos were ferocious. I counted 22 bites on Liam's back this morning, and 27 on Ben's, and I wasn't even trying! They spent too long scrambling around the ponds catching frogs without shirts on.

The hike was shorter than I remember it. Bob thinks that's because the kids are bigger and faster.... Probably. They certainly are. As usual, considering it's only 1 1/2 hour from Seattle, there were few people along the trail. We didn't swim this time. The air wasn't quite warm enough.

Anyone care to join us for a repeat hike at the beginning of September? The bogs'll be dry so less mosquitos. The wild blueberries will be ripe, and the water will be warmer.

2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful. Is this the hike we did once? I don't remember mesquitos being a problem but I also don't remember what time of year it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got back from a trip around the Peninsula...

    This is the hike we did a few years ago with Tim and Melissa. It's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete