Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hello everyone! School is approaching its 3rd week and everything is finally falling into place. The "DG Dozen" aka my new home for the next 2 years has been a blast! I am living in the above garage 2 person apartment with my friend Nicole. Our place is mostly finished except for we need to get some pictures and decorations for our living room.
As far as school goes my classes have been going really well. I am in a Gender Woman's Studies class this semester which is very interesting. A lot of my classes are focused on a lot of online reading and quizzes so I have a lot of free time this semester. 

Hope everyone is doing well!

-Nicole

All of our roommates during recruitment



My Room

Some of us on our first night together




5 comments:

  1. Glad you're having a good semester. Are you taking economics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole,

    I am sooooo glad to some new blog posts! Sounds like you've found your stride at school, despite what looks like a lot of partying (just kidding.)
    -- Auntie Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a bit of trouble putting together "a lot of online reading and quizzes" with a "lot of free time" Really seems that you will be spending lots of time working on the computer, like most of us. Do you get to see the teachers? I hope you do have some real classes. I guess I am not a fan of "on-line-learning":Not as much fun as going to classes

    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gram, yes I am taking Econ 200 which is the first intro to economics course. I am minoring in business so I have to take it as a pre requisite for the other business classes.

    Grandpa, all my classes have an in class portion every week but a lot of them this semester are highly centered with online work as well. My Econ class for example has the book and most of the assignments online. I am pretty sure that my tests are online as well but the lectures are done in class with the professor. I do have one class though which is a mixed communications and philosophy class that almost everything is online including the lectures which are in the form of videos that the teacher posts. There are quizzes for that class every tuesday and thursday night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frequent quizzes are a great idea - studies show that testing learning a short while after reading, is the best way to have it sink in.

    ReplyDelete