Thursday, June 7, 2012




Really, NOW, we're almost done!

I finished the painting and the trim in the upstairs carpeted area. It really looks beautiful! I spent the morning cutting the trim for the bathrrom, and then realized I'd cut it all backwards! The thick portion of the casement pieces are  supposed to be on the outside! What a waste. I'm tempted to put it up anyways. I don't think anyone but me would ever realize it. It is the boys' bathroom after all. But then, to do all this work, and not do it right....

We'll move the boys up this weekend after the carpets off-gas for a few days. I can't smell it. I think my sniffer has been destroyed by all of the poly-urethane I've applied lately.

I have to finish the main floor trim and painting this week-end, and then finally the basement. Then, SUMMER will be  here and I can get back to fun stuff.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it all looks great. You will be enjoying the results of your labor next week. What a good feeling. Is the grass growing in the back yard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kalyan.

    Mom and Dad,

    The grass is coming up nicely. Just a bunch of green fuzz as of yet, but I'm confident that it will fill in quickly. It is grass after all.

    ReplyDelete