Sunday, June 8, 2014

News From the NorthWest / Shadow Lake update

 Boats in the backyard. Waiting transport.

 Building the boat trailer.

 Our cabin....
 
We have been busy with baseball, piano recitals and Shadow Lake. Liam had his end of year recital on Friday, and played his piece beautifully! No mistakes. I've uploaded the video for your listening pleasure.

Sorry...technical difficulties.
 

Both boys are now finished with baseball, so we can go back to family dinners in the evening. 2 more weeks of school before summer.

I meanwhile have been out at Shadow Lake every chance I get. The trailer is gone, and the junk cleared away. The saplings are all cut down, and their roots dug up. My friend Alex and I are starting on the walkway to the dock this Tuesday. I am so excited. Meanwhile, our backyard has filled up with boats: the photo below shows my major score: a 1970's Sunfish in beautiful shape. I also found a rowboat/sailboat in reasonable shape on craigslist. To get the boats out to the lake, we've had to buy a boat trailer. You can see Bob and Ben working on it in the photo below. The trailer in the bottom photo is soon to be  a small changing house/bathroom with composting toilet.... I have to get the other projects done first.

Anyways, I'll post photos of the dock when it's completed; hopefully by the end of this week.

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing Shadow Lake in July - lots of work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- when we visit we can try head to head boat races! How lucky you were finding a pristine Sunfish: I think that the sunfish was the best sailboat of all time for the casual sailor (that is, self taught by a not very knowledgable teacher). I had a friend in probably 1956ish that had put together one of the very early models that was only 12 feet long - and easy for one (youngish) person to put on a roof rack without any help.
    Love
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darn it! I just got a ticket for having that trailer parked in the street.

    ReplyDelete