Thursday, February 23, 2012

Photos from Cama Beach



We hiked to Cranberry Lake after lunch today. I had to drag the boys out on the hike, but by the time they got to the lake they didn't want to turn around and go back! Can you spot Liam? He has been very busy this week playing army, and trying to camaflage himself into his surroundings. He did a pretty good job here....
The lake was very bog like, and surrounded by deciduous Cottonwood trees; reminds me of the East coast in fall, so pretty.
The picture of me was taken by Bob. The cabins are equiped with only microwaves, so I had to cook on our camp stove outside. We had salmon, rice and sauteed spinach last night. All very yummy considering the gale I was cooking in. I think though, next time I might just buy some ready made microwavable dinners if anybody can recommend a particular brand.
If you look on the bench next to me you can see a very long piece of kelp that we were using as a double jumprope. The carts we brought our stuff down in are leaning against the cabin.

1 comment:

  1. I tried to make a comment a couple of days ago from my kindle but I guess it didn't load although I thought it said it did. Looks like you had a fine time in spite of the wind. Liam, I found you - looking like a rock covered with leaves.

    ReplyDelete