Monday, December 15, 2014

Our first Texas ride

We had nice weather on Saturday.  About 70 and sunny most of the day.  Tui and I took our first bike ride.  They have a great trail system in Plano with miles of bike/walking paths.  All very flat so a very easy ride when no wind.  The Chisholm trail goes along a stream and we saw a family of nutrias (a large water rodent that looks sort of like a beaver.) The Blue Bonnet trail goes 13 miles underneath power lines you see below.  Not overly beautiful countryside but a nice ride.






4 comments:

  1. You will have to use speed and distance to make up for the lack of hills. Keep on biking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those nutria look like something out of a horror film! I wonder if they get into people's sheds....

    How's business so far?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nutria have red teeth. When I first saw I thought it was blood. When I screamed at it to stay back one of the people nearby said they were friendly and people fed them a lot. They have webbed feet and I think spend their time by the water.

    Business is good though no taxes owed yet. We live about 1.5 miles from the plant and I walk home everyday which is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you....About the walking not the taxes.

    ReplyDelete