Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Garden Out of Control




Here are a couple of shots of my front garden. We had a very warm January so I started planting the cold weather vegetables then. We have way too many greens already, and they are starting to go to seed. The cabbage, and broccoli are doing well but are not near harvest yet. I planted my first asparagus plants this year, and expect to harvest in the spring in 2 more years. Beets and spinnach are slowly growing due to our cold spring. We also have blueberries, rasberries, strawberries, and an Italian plum tree crammed into our little lot. The Obama's would be proud.

4 comments:

  1. Your mixed greens tasted so good - we are going to try a vegetable bed at the lake, It's kind of late this year but maybe we will get some and we can begin early next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your yard is beautiful. And the greens are so highly recommended. Thanks for putting the pic up.

    Last night we saw a very good movie, Island City. This Island is part of the Bronx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not understand what my profile was supposed to be, so I chose anonymous. It was really me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day.

    Love your garden, Specially the Wisteria Flowers on yor front poch.

    ReplyDelete